Sunday, April 10, 2011

Life

Why dooes it seem that when things get tough in life you don't want to be around the ones that are there for you and want to help you?
Back in January my body decided that it was going to try and pass kidney stones. The only problem is they were to big for me to pass without surgical intervention. It was the longest week of my life felt like three or four. I actually ended up loosing track of the days because I was so sick. It all started at about 2:30AM one morning. I was the only one at home in bed sound asleep and get woken suddenly by a sharp pain in my right side and urge to use the restroom. Only problem is I could not go. I came and looked up what the pain could be and it kind of subsided and so I went back to bed. Then the pain hit again this time 20 times worse then the first time. I decided that I would go to work the next morning and then get ahold of the Doctor to see if I could get in. By 5:30AM I was in so much pain that I was throwing up. So I decided I could not wait any longer. So I got in the car and drove myself to the emergency room at American Fork Hospital where they took me straight back had me try to go to the rest room and got me something for the nausea and pain. They then did a CT Scan and came in and said I was trying to pass kidney stones that were to large for my body to pass. They called the  Urologist who told me to call and get an appointment as soon as I got home. I went the next day. Then the next day he took me into same day surgery where he used shockwave to break the stone up. Got it broke u[p sent me on my way. By the next day which was friday I was in so much pain that I could not eat or take meds. This went on all week end. I got to the point that if I would have died I woud not have cared. They ended up doing another procedure the following tuesday after I ended up in the Hospital on Monday. Spent 2 nights there. But the second procedure took care of the stone. They went in was able to get it in a cage. Anyway I decided at this time I needed to make some life style changes. This has been very fruatrating to me. I have cut soda pop and dugar pretty much out of my diet and cut down what I eat in half if not more also increased my water intake. Everyone told me I would take off weight with these changes. I have hardly lost anything and it is frustrating. I have exercised some but not tons.
Then today my dad woke up with a pain in his side and back thought it was a blood clot he has problems with them. He went to the hospital they have ran tests and cant figure out what it is. While he was there he started fevering. So they are keeping him over night to observe and see if they can figure what is going on. The only thing that sucks about this is that they were supposed to be leaving on Tuesday to go and spend time with my younger brother in Nebraska. Were taking my niece since she has not had a grandkid trip with grandma and grandpa since she was born. I am sure they will still make it down it may just be post poned by a bit which makes me sad because everyone was so excited after all they don't make it to Nebraska as often as they should.

No comments: