Monday, December 15, 2008

Baptism/Family

We have had a busy couple of weeks. Braxton my nephew was baptized by my brother who was able to come in from Nebraska for the Baptism and his daughters baby blessing the next day. I am proud of Braxton for making the decision to be baptized and following the example that the Savior set for all of us. I know that as he goes throughout life that if he listens to the Holy Ghost that he will be guided in all that he does and that great things will happen. I am grateful for brothers that hold and honor their priesthood that are able to help out in times of need.
It was great to see Ty and his family and spend some time with them. Even though it was just a short time. I am greatful for my sister in law Brindee that prepared a great talk on the holyghost and came up with the ideas that she did to help Braxton understand the role of the holy ghost and when he will be able to feel the holy ghost. I am also grateful to his Aunt Tonya that prepared and gave a great talk on Baptism and the story that she shared about the holy ghost that Braxton still talks about. The talks helped him to see the importance of the decision that he made to be baptized.
I love this time of year it is great to be able to get together as family and share our love for one another. I also love the decorations and being able to drive around and look at Christmas lights. I love remembering the importance of this time of year which is the Savior and all that he has done for us. I love to be able to purchase gifts for family and those in need so that they can feel the love that I have for them and also in hopes that the gifts will remind them of the greatest gift that has been given to us which is our Savior. I am so grateful for the Savior and the many blessings that he has given to me and my family. With him all things are possible and I see great things happen daily that is made possible by the Savior.

No comments: