Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Deer Hunt and November update

Ok, I have been home from the deer hunt for almost a month next weekend. I was able to kill this 2 point. The hunt was harder than it has been in years past. There did not seem to be as many deer as years past. We seen a few dews and fawns each day. However opening morning we did see a nice but by no means monster 3 or 4 point but we were not able to get a shot off before it disappeared and we were not able to see it after it disappeared. We did try to locate it again to see if we could get a shot but it was a no go. The deer out smarted us. The hunt was very warm and for this reason I believe the Deer just had not moved into where we hunted. They were were there was snow from the storm that came the weekend before the hunt and down in the hay fields by the main highway. I got my deer where there was still snow. It was about 20 miles away from where we normally hunt. My mom got a spike in that same area. We is my dad and me.

We had a good Halloween. Wendys kids got far more candy then they needed but they had fun. We went and tricker treated main street in American Fork and then went to our annual trunk or treat. Then to family. They all looked cute. I did not think to get pictures. Braxton was a Doctor, Bryson a Fireman, Brakell a Candy Corn Princess, and Shaylee was a princess.

November has been a crazy month. I can not believe that is is almost over and time to get ready for the Holidays. I put the lights on the house this last weekend. I can't wait to put up the village that I put up every year. I am trying to decide if I want to do it this weekend or after Thanksgiving.

Work has been going good. So far the merge that we done seems to be going well and I for some reason have not felt as stressed the last little bit.

We have had several Birthdays in November and Braxton can not wait to get baptized on the 6 of December. The whole family will be together for the baptism and we are all excited about this since it does not happen to often. He is extremely excited that Ty will be able to baptize him.

No comments: